Friday, July 25, 2008

...Polo!


Remember playing Marco Polo in the swimming pool when we were kids? That's a little bit like what this post is. Me shouting Polo! to those who are curious about where I am. Picture me as a groundhog, or better yet, a MOLE (get it chem wizzes?) that pops her head up every once in a while just so you know she's there, but as soon as try to catch her, she's gone again.

I am actually back in SLC for now. I had an awesome trip(s) to the following: Richland, Seattle, Orlando, Cozumel, Roaton (Honduras), Belize City, Freeport Bahamas, Cedar City, St. George, and Zion National Park. I'll write more about my adventures later when I have a longer attention span. (Will that ever happen??)

I am feeling much better about life these days. Being away from students and chemistry has enabled me to try out some new things and begin to find talents and interests I've never known I had because I've always been so engrossed in school. One of my new interests is hiking/backpacking. I did a lot of hiking in Zion and I am thinking of going backpacking near Flaming Gorge this week. I know backpacking alone isn't a great idea, but I can't let my lack of friends with time on their hands stop me because if I stay in one place and am left to my own devices, I am not safe. Anyhow, I thought I'd post a few pictures of me and my adventures just for those of you who are curious :)

Grand Bahama Island-I went parasailing! Yay!


Jillian and I in Honduras


Temple of the moon, Mayan ruins at Tulum, Mexico. You can't tell from the picture, but it is very very very hot!!!
Hidden Canyon at Zion national park. Good thing I'm there to hold up the mountain!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

what an adventure! I love all the photos. You look so great!! hope you had a blast. Can't wait to see you again.

erita said...

i love that pink shirt on you--you look fabulous!

sounds like you had so much fun--was this all one trip? or several spread out?

Gosfam said...

That sounds like great fun. Definitely you are more adventurous then I remember :) Reach for the stars girl. I wish I could have seen you while you were in Richland. I am here through Aug 15th if you get back here again. Would love to see ya!!