Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Other Side of the Page

I gave the students in 3rd period a 1-page handout for the lab they were about to do. I told them they would write their data on the back and do their analysis on the front and then that's what they would hand in.
Student: Miss Carr, what do you want us to do with the back of the paper?
Me: Record your data from the experiment.
Student: No, I mean do you want us to hand it in? 
Me (looking dumbfounded): hand me the front of your paper.
(Student gives me the paper)
Me: Now where is the back of the paper?
 Student (after a while): Oh.

3 comments:

Sharie said...

Welcome back Miss Gretchen! I have to tell you that I've been subbing the last few years, and one day last year I saw job for Gretchen Carr at Jordan in the system. I considered taking it for about 1.5 seconds, then remembered that 1) you wouldn't be there so I wouldn't get to see you and 2) high schoolers are all taller than me so its just weird. But it made me smile :0

Dave and Candace said...

Haha! The sad thing is, I could totally see myself making that mistake, especially these days. I hope you are doing well, Gretchen.

Gretch said...

Sharie-Good to hear from you! That would have been fun if you would have taken that job. But no, I wouldn't have gotten to see you. I only have subs once every couple of years. I'm canyons district now. I'm glad you're still teaching a little bit. I could never do little kids!