Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Our Deepest Fear is that We are Powerful Beyond Measure

Nelson Mandela said that we are frightened by our light, not our darkness. He said that we are all children of God, and our playing small does not serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. I know for me, this is true. I have shied away from the power within me many times. I have been afraid of letting people know who I really am. By overcoming this fear, we can help others bring out the best in themselves. Teachers can play a special role in helping their students recognize the light they hold within themselves and let it shine. Teachers need to be a model for students of confidence and of someone who is living up to a set of principles. They need to recognize that each student is a child of God and has the potential to shine and to manifest the glory within them. Students need opportunities to shine and we can give them these opportunities in class.

No comments: